Auction Terms & Conditions
1. BY PLACING A BID, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS OF SALE.
2. All online sales are subject to a 23 % BUYER'S PREMIUM, which includes a 5% online bidding fee.
3. Massachusetts buyers are subject to an additional 6.25% sales tax unless a copy of your state resale certificate is on file with J. James Auctioneers & Appraisers.
4. All property is sold AS IS/WHERE IS and all sales are FINAL. Announcements made the day of the sale take precedence over online descriptions and printed matter. There are no warranties, expressed or implied, with regard to age, condition, quality, functionality, value, rarity or provenance of the property offered for sale by J. James Auctioneers & Appraisers or any representative thereof. All valuations are considered estimates, and in no way constitutes a warranty or guarantee of any kind.
5. It is the responsibility of the bidder to fully examine the property prior to placing a bid and judging the item(s) for his or her own protection. Condition Statements are provided as a courtesy to our clients and represents the general observations of J. James Auctioneers and Appraisers. Under no circumstances should a condition report be interpreted as a warranty or guarantee of any kind. J. James Auctioneers and Appraisers shall be held harmless for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections, or the effects of aging.
6. For bidders who are unable to physically attend our sale, J. James Auctioneers & Appraisers may execute absentee bids on their behalf up to, but not to exceed, their maximum bid amount. This service is provided as a courtesy to our clients and J. James Auctioneers & Appraisers shall not be held responsible for errors or failure to execute said bids under any circumstances.
7. Absentee bids are executed competitively against floor bids, telephone bids and other live Internet bidding. Due to the uncertain nature of bidding patterns it is possible for a lot to sell to another bidder for the same dollar amount as a bid left by an absentee bidder. If your maximum authorized dollar amount has been reached, no further bidding will take place on your behalf. The last bid recognized by the Auctioneer shall be deemed the winning bid.
8. Telephone bids may be arranged by calling (1) 508-746-8608 up to 24-hours prior to the start of the auction (Eastern Standard Time). Telephone bid requests will not be accepted the day of the sale.
9. Parties who engage in proxy bidding on behalf of another individual, company, or entity must provide J. James Auctioneers & Appraisers with a signed, dated letter that includes the buyer's current name, address and telephone number to be verified by the Auction House.
10. PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN SEVEN DAYS OF THE AUCTION. J. James Auctioneers & Appraisers will not release lots for shipping until funds have cleared our financial institution. J. James Auctioneers & Appraisers will open a dispute with Invaluable/AuctionZip, and negative feedback will be left for buyers that do not pay for purchases within SEVEN days.
11. Successful bidders may pay for purchases with cash, check, or wire transfer. A copy of your photo I.D. must accompany all checks. Returned checks are subject to an additional $35.00 bank fee.
12. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION IS UP TO DATE. A member of our staff will contact online bidders within 72-hours of the auction to arrange for payment of your purchases with the contact information provided to us by Invaluable or AuctionZip.
13. J. James Auctioneers & Appraisers IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SHIPMENT ARRANGEMENTS. We are happy to recommend a local shipper that will pick up items, package and ship them for our buyers, at their own expense. J. James Auctioneers & Appraisers shall not be held responsible for any acts, omissions or damage caused by the shipping company or during transport of purchases.
14. Items that have not been picked up or shipped within 14-days will incur a $5.00 per day storage fee. Items that are left unclaimed after 30-days shall become the property of J. James Auctioneers & Appraisers.
15. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject opening bids that are deemed "too low" (far below the reasonable estimated value of the property), and may withdraw lot(s) from the sale at his discretion.
16. J. James Auctioneers & Appraisers or any representative thereof may, at their sole discretion, refuse or revoke bidding privileges to any person who is either not in good credit standing with J. James Auctioneers & Appraisers, or who is deemed to be disruptive of or verbally abusive to its employees or agents .
17. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR RETURNS ALLOWED.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms